This week, 500-backed South Asian startups make our mid-June roundup. Pakistan-based Dawaai raises US$8.5 million in funding, and Bangladesh’s super app Shohoz launches a new edtech platform called Shohoz Learn. Meanwhile, Thailand welcomes Haulio from Singapore and Aerodyne from Malaysia as these startups seek to expand their presence in Southeast Asia.
Missed the last weekly roundup? Check it out here.
- Dawaai lands US$8.5M, serving 11 million in 98 cities
- Haulio expands in Thailand with CMA CGM; eyes 200% growth
- Aerodyne launches Aerosky with Thai companies to improve work safety
- Shohoz launches edtech platform with Scholastic learning tools
- Carsome drives financial inclusion in Malaysia with Axiata
- 500 Startups & Petronas launch accelerator program for deeptech
- mClinica awarded Technology Pioneer by World Economic Forum
- GrabSupermarket to offer over 10,000 products in Singapore with next-day delivery
- ESPL raises funds to fight COVID-19 in India
Other stories you may have missed:
- Movel AI wins for Singapore at Launchpad 2021, a Singapore-India competition for startups with product-ready ideas.
- Asia PropTech awarded the Magehold Proptech Prize to Urbanmetry for winning third place at PitchStart!, a pitching contest at StartmeupHK Festival 2021.
- eFishery and Jala Tech were featured as companies to watch for in IntraFish’s list of aquatech revolutionaries.
Missed out the last Daily Markup? Go here to check it out.
You can also find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
500 Startups is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. In Southeast Asia, 500 Startups invests through the pioneering 500 Southeast Asia family of funds. The 500 Southeast Asia funds have backed over 240 companies across multiple sectors from internet to consumer to deep technology. It continues to connect founders with capital, expertise and powerful regional and global networks to help them succeed.
This post is intended solely for general informational or educational purposes only. 500 Startups Management Company, L.L.C. and its affiliates (collectively “500 Startups”) makes no representation as to the accuracy or information in this post and while reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information herein is accurate and up-to-date, no liability can be accepted for any error or omissions. All third party links in this post have not been independently verified by 500 Startups and the inclusion of such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement or confirmation of the content within. Information about portfolio companies’ markets, competitors, performance, and fundraising has been provided by those companies’ founders and has not been independently verified. Under no circumstances should any content in this post be construed as investment, legal, tax or accounting advice by 500 Startups, or an offer to provide any investment advisory service with regard to securities by 500 Startups. No content or information in this post should be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation of interest to purchase any securities advised by 500 Startups. Prospective investors considering an investment into any 500 Startups fund should not consider or construe this content as fund marketing material. The views expressed herein are as at the date of this post and are subject to change without notice. One or more 500 Startups fund may have a financial interest in one or more of the companies discussed.