A springboard for health
- 500-backed digital health startup Naluri has closed a US$5 million funding round led by Singaporean VC firm Integra Partners. According to Digital News Asia (DNA), this is the first time the Malaysian government will match a private capital contribution, dollar-for-dollar, to spur the local startup ecosystem.
- Naluri, which focuses on chronic health conditions and mental wellbeing, will use the funds to expand operations in Singapore and Indonesia and to launch in Thailand and the Philippines.
- According to the article, the startup also plans to strengthen its tech and data science capabilities to enhance its product and predictive algorithms in areas such as depression detection.
- The startup will continue to invest in clinical research, with plans to launch clinical research in Europe.
- Read the full article on DNA here.
- 500-backed insurtech and healthtech startup Clinikk has partnered with Travomint, an online travel service provider to provide affordable and accessible healthcare to Travomint’s customers.
- This partnership hopes to cater to travelers who seek peace of mind in terms of medical support while traveling in the time of a pandemic.
- As part of the agreement, all travelers making a booking via Travomint will get a 3-month teleconsultation subscription for only ~US$0.82. Under this subscription, teleconsultations are unlimited, on-demand 24/7, and available in multiple languages
- Customers will also receive a discount of up to 20% on the delivery of medicines and lab tests, amongst other benefits on the Clinikk App.
- Read the full article on The Economic Times here.
- “The only way to ensure growth is to look after the customer experience,” Ching-Tse Tseng, founder, and CEO of 500-backed Vault Dragon said to TechNode Global.
- “What we really provide is a ready-made solution that can digitalize the workflow of healthcare institutions–a middle layer that connects all the different stakeholders in the ecosystem, with the end result of empowering the patients,” he added.
- According to Ching-Tse, the company is currently focused on Singapore, and is looking toward expanding into Vietnam, the Philippines, China, Indonesia, and Thailand.
- In an interview with Galen Growth, he revealed that the startup has been working on a data solution in stealth mode for three years. He shared that the solution will be open source and ready to use.
- Read the full interview TechNode Global here.
Missed out the last Daily Markup? Go here to check it out.
500 Startups is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. In Southeast Asia, 500 Startups invests through the pioneering 500 Southeast Asia family of funds. The 500 Southeast Asia funds have backed over 240 companies across multiple sectors from internet to consumer to deep technology. It continues to connect founders with capital, expertise and powerful regional and global networks to help them succeed.
This post is intended solely for general informational or educational purposes only. 500 Startups Management Company, L.L.C. and its affiliates (collectively “500 Startups”) makes no representation as to the accuracy or information in this post and while reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information herein is accurate and up-to-date, no liability can be accepted for any error or omissions. All third party links in this post have not been independently verified by 500 Startups and the inclusion of such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement or confirmation of the content within. Information about portfolio companies’ markets, competitors, performance, and fundraising has been provided by those companies’ founders and has not been independently verified. Under no circumstances should any content in this post be construed as investment, legal, tax or accounting advice by 500 Startups, or an offer to provide any investment advisory service with regard to securities by 500 Startups. No content or information in this post should be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation of interest to purchase any securities advised by 500 Startups. Prospective investors considering an investment into any 500 Startups fund should not consider or construe this content as fund marketing material. The views expressed herein are as at the date of this post and are subject to change without notice. One or more 500 Startups fund may have a financial interest in one or more of the companies discussed.