Help continues to pour in for Covid-19 relief.
500-backed Grab helps out this Ramadan
- Malaysia’s Movement Control Order (MCO) has put many events on hold — including this year’s Ramadan Bazaar for selected states including Selangor.
- With Grab’s assistance, the Selangor state government is shifting this year’s bazaar digital.
- Simply called “E-Bazar Ramadan Selangor Grab”, it allows purchases through Grab’s app so you can still enjoy your Ramadan favorites from the comfort of your own home.
How is the coronavirus affecting consumer habits in Indonesia?
- What have Indonesians been buying since the Covid-19 outbreak? Unsurprisingly, health and hygiene products.
- Referencing a survey by Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) and SurveySerum, The Jakarta Post reports that 84% of respondents are also doing more handwashing, in line with the uptick of demand for healthcare goods.
- Like most people around the world, Indonesians are staying healthy and keeping fit.
500-backed MyCashOnline helps migrant workers
- The movement control orders are most tough on migrant workers. Many are left with no work, asked to go on unpaid leave, or have been displaced.
- MyCashOnline aims to alleviate the financial burden of these migrant workers with a fundraising effort.
- Its PitchIn campaign is targeting to pool RM50,000, which will be used to remove the remittance fee when these workers send wages back home.
500-backed Aerodyne invests in Middle Eastern drone company
- Aerodyne, a leading drone-solutions company, announced a strategic investment in FEDS Group Holdings from the Middle East.
- The move will help Aerodyne’s expansion into the region, CEO Kamarul A Muhamed said in a statement quoted by The Edge Markets.
- How can a founder train their mind to rise above any crisis?
- If the graph below is of any indication, it’s a roller coaster ride.
- But like traversing a windy road in a manual car, knowing when and how to shift gears mentally is the difference.
- By culminating observations of CEOs and leaders, this timely piece by NfX gives you valuable insights on managing unstable periods.
500 Startups is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. In Southeast Asia, 500 Startups invests through the pioneering 500 Southeast Asia family of funds. The 500 Southeast Asia funds have backed over 240 companies across multiple sectors from internet to consumer to deep technology. It continues to connect founders with capital, expertise and powerful regional and global networks to help them succeed.
This post is intended solely for general informational or educational purposes only. 500 Startups Management Company, L.L.C. and its affiliates (collectively “500 Startups”) makes no representation as to the accuracy or information in this post and while reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information herein is accurate and up-to-date, no liability can be accepted for any error or omissions. All third party links in this post have not been independently verified by 500 Startups and the inclusion of such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement or confirmation of the content within. Under no circumstances should any content in this post be construed as investment, legal, tax or accounting advice by 500 Startups, or an offer to sell or solicitation of interest to purchase any securities advised by 500 Startups. Prospective investors considering an investment into any 500 Startups fund should not consider or construe this content as fund marketing material. The views expressed herein are as at the date of this post and are subject to change without notice. A 500 Startups fund may have a financial interest in one or more of the companies discussed.