We may not all have succeeded in growing a moustache this Movember. Or maybe it’s your first year trying? Well, 500-backed startups are exploring new frontiers this month too! We saw successful funding rounds for new Web3 financial reporting tools, new branded Web3 experiences, to a mapping tool for exploring new areas underground, underwater, and even space. Don’t miss Khailee’s Tatler Asia’s Most Influential cover story, and Vishal’s episode on the ‘Rise of the Next’ podcast.
Missed last month’s highlights? Check it out here.
- Headquarters raised US$5M pre-Seed to build HQ Teams, a financial operations & reporting tool for Web3 companies to give teams better visibility and control
- SerMorpheus raised US$2.5M Seed to build infrastructure that creates a frictionless Web3 experience for brands
- Atomionics wins ~US$330K for Gravio™, a tool that can map the underground, underwater, and space
- Thinkfluencer, coder, entrepreneur, and investor Khailee Ng is Tatler Asia’s Most Influential 2022 honoree
- Vishal Harnal reflects on 500 Global’s journey in SE Asia and 3 things startup founders really value for success
- Glife Technologies wins Emerging Enterprise Award 2022 for its business innovation, resilience & excellence in unexpected times
- Aliena goes international with homegrown spacetech thanks to innovation and global partnerships
- Transcelestial opens world’s largest commercial lasercomm production factory to bring millions of people online annually
- Homage is tackling the age-old problem of healthcare in Asia-Pacific with on-demand caregiving, telemedicine, and more
- eFishery dips toes into Vietnam, Thailand, and India; aims to make a splash as Indonesia’s next unicorn
- Grab & Mastercard to give gig workers and small businesses in Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam a boost
- Neuron Mobility’s sustainable e-scooters boost Australia’s economy by contributing AUD$448M to local businesses in 2022
- GoGet launches GoGet Recruit to provide gig workers with more ways to work, live, and succeed on their terms
- Ringkas simplifies the tedious home mortgage application process in Indonesia with technology
- Dagangan prioritizes community trust to accelerate Indonesia’s rural economy
- Koo crosses 50M downloads across 100+ countries, aims to take on English-speaking users to reach 100M
- Carsome makes car ownership more accessible with new digital banking license
Other stories you may have missed:
- Clinikk organized Evidence-Based Care Pathways (EBCP) workshops for its doctors to ensure quality healthcare and reduce clinical errors.
- Gilmour Space has successfully completed the final qualification test of its main Sirius hybrid rocket engine, paving the way for the country’s first orbital launch attempt of an Australian-made rocket next year.
- Stockbit rolled out a crypto trading app called Stockbit Crypto, through which users can trade crypto without incurring platform fees.
- Carousell Media Group launched Shopping Ads, a digital ad service to support brands and gives users more relevant ads through a curated feed.
- YAS MicroInsurance partnered with Garmin to extend sports insurance to new and existing Garmin users across Malaysia for free.