Taking flight to new destinations
- Is last week’s mass resignation from Twitter prompting former employees and Tweeples to flock to an alternative micro-blogging platform? 500-backed Koo is certainly wooing them.
- “Given what’s happening at Twitter where users will be charged for features that we provide for free, there’s a good opportunity for us to make Koo available to the English-speaking world as well,” said Co-founder Mayank Bidawatka.
- Founded in 2019, India-based Koo is known for its multi-language micro-blogging platform, which the team shares has users in over 100 countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, India, Iran, Singapore, Canada, UAE, Nepal.
- What’s more? Koo announced the app has just crossed 50 million downloads and is now aiming for an ambitious 100 million.
- “Today, Koo is the second largest micro-blog in the world. Given the changes happening in the micro-blogging landscape globally, we are looking to expand our wings to geographies where fundamental rights are being charged for,” Mayank shared. “We believe that such fundamental tools on the internet should not come at a cost. We are very excited about inviting a larger global audience to this proudly ‘Made in India’ product.”
- Fellow Co-founder & CEO Aprameya Radhakrishna said, “We will continue to invest in our product with a user-first mindset, and further drive digital independence for users in India and around the world.”
- “It’s time to let users know that they now have a strong alternative to existing micro-blogs,” Mayank added.
- Full story here.
Stories you may have missed:
- Glife Technologies wins Emerging Enterprise Award 2022 for its business innovation, resilience & excellence in unexpected times
- Justin Chou speaks to Singapore Business Review on how Glife’s tech solution is changing the food industry
- Dagangan prioritizes community trust to accelerate Indonesia’s rural economy
- Ringkas simplifies the tedious home mortgage application process in Indonesia with technology
- Neuron Mobility’s sustainable e-scooters boost Australia’s economy by contributing AUD$448M to local businesses in 2022
- Bukalapak has cash runway for the next 25 years on the back of efficient cost management and improving performance, and sees no need for fundraising
- Aerodyne Group named #1 Global Drone Service Provider by Drone Industry Insights for the second year in a row
- YAS Digital Limited wins 2022 Hong Kong ICT Awards by the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers for ‘FinTech (Banking, Insurance and Capital Markets)’
- Parcel Perform and Quiet Platforms, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Eagle Outfitters Inc. (NYSE: AEO), launched a data partnership to enable supply chain visibility for e-commerce retailers and brands