Dive for insights
- It’s that time of the year! Data from 125 million users across 6 Southeast Asia markets and Hong Kong has been sliced and diced to bring us another edition of Map of E-Commerce (MOEC 2022), an e-commerce behavioral trend report by 500-backed aggregator iPrice.
- What can we learn about consumer behavior for the first half of 2022? Online shoppers are maturing and making faster decisions, and the iPrice report also revealed one very surprising insight.
- Think mobile apps are the most important channel for e-commerce brands? It is, BUT traditional web surfing accessed via a browser remains just as important of a channel — web traffic for SEA’s top 10 e-commerce platforms increased by a notable 64% between Q3 2019 and Q2 2022!
- Shoppers are also going direct to e-commerce websites and spending less time in each shopping session. Consumers may be more familiar with the online shopping experience, and simply need less time to search products, find information, and make a purchase.
- For the price-conscious shopper, however, search engines are still the first place they go. Many rely on that as a starting point to compare prices and product offerings across several companies.
- Consumers are generally savvier — they know they can easily compare prices from hundreds of sellers and take advantage of various promotions and discounts at any given time.
- Read the full report on iPrice.
Stories you may have missed this week:
- Your Super acquired by The Healing Company and shares a vision to improve the quality of life for millions around the world
- Christine Tsai joins Khazanah to explore where technology can unlock the greatest impact, and the role of key players for innovation
- Crewdible raises US$3.2M to take care of mundane tasks for small e-commerce businesses so they can focus on scaling up
- AWST makes NFTs mainstream for brands; opening doors for more to join Web3 with US$1.7M funding
- Akshay Garg, Co-founder & Group CEO of FinAccel, was announced a winner of the 21st EY Entrepreneur Of The Year (EOY) 2022 Singapore awards in the financial technology category.
- Chickin was selected for the Indonesia 2022 Award for Ten Outstanding Young People (TOYP), an award given to young leaders who inspire and innovate to solve problems in the country.
- Carsome has expanded its reach in Malaysia with the launch of four new inspection centers in the state of Sarawak.