A ticket to new destinations
- Up, up, and away! 500-backed drone company Aerodyne is set to reach new heights with a US$30M funding round led by long-term client PETRONAS Ventures, the VC arm of Malaysia’s national petroleum company. Others participating include existing investor Kumpulan Wang Persaraan, which manages the pension scheme for the country’s civil servants.
- Aerodyne helps companies optimize their operations with drone technology and data analytics in sectors such as agriculture, infrastructure, logistics, and security. The team also developed an air mobility solution that can ease logistics from shore to offshore platforms in oil and gas operations.
- The fresh funding will be used to support Aerodyne’s expansion into Europe, Africa, Latin America, and South Asia. The team will also bring their drone solutions to the agriculture sectors of Indonesia and India.
- “We’re happy to have raised US$30 million through this bridging round, which will allow us to scale even further globally, especially supported by our new technology developments,” said Founder & Group CEO Kamarul A Muhamed. “We also have plans to raise further capital in near future, amounting to US$100 million to US$200 million to bring Aerodyne Group to the next stage of its growth, which we are very excited about.”
- Currently, Aerodyne employs more than 1,000 drone professionals. So far, the team has managed over 560,000 infrastructure assets and surveyed over 380,000 kilometers of power networks in 35 countries.
- Congratulations to the Aerodyne team!
- Read the full story on Tech in Asia.