Doom and gloom news abound these days, but stories of funds raised by 500-backed startups in Indonesia and Singapore this month may just be the fire you need to stay inspired and positive during “VC Winter”!
Mapan and Fairbanc are strengthening their fintech offerings for underbanked Indonesians, while Chickin is also busy raising — poultry, that is! In Singapore, Nas Academy is using the new capital to develop more tools for the creators community, and CrediLinq is working on an improved B2B e-commerce experience by enabling frictionless access to credit for SMEs.
Missed last month’s highlights? Check it out here.
- Mapan bags US$15M for low-income Indonesians
- Nas Academy raises US$12M for the creator community
- Chickin bags seed funding to feed Indonesians
- CrediLinq bags US$2.6M for better B2B e-commerce
- Fairbanc raises US$4.8M to offer fast credit
- Mediaload boosts brands with SEA network
- Vishal Harnal on fundraising & value corrections
- 500 Global helps startups with ESG tools
- abillion donates record US$2M to charities
- Carsome uplifts women with tech skills
- Neuron Mobility supports aboriginal employment
- eFishery brings peace of mind to farmers
- Movel AI improves navigational UX in robotics
- NBA franchise recruits OhmniLabs robots
- First Circle helps SMEs win government contracts
- Fairbanc bypasses inflexible banks to serve merchants
- Naluri launches Fit-tastic for MPB employees
- Grab adds bus & ferry tickets to its app
- Aerodyne enters India agriculture sector
- HappyFresh offers new ways to get groceries
- Grab goes hyperlocal with GrabMaps
- VTF turns science fiction into virtual reality
- Neuron Mobility’s carbon negative goal
- Carsome appoints Eric Cantona as ambassador
- Carousell boosts secondhand shopping with new logistics partner
Other stories you may have missed:
- boxgreen started offering plant-based chocolates that are sustainably-sourced and handmade in their workshop where training and employment opportunities are provided to people in vulnerable communities.
- HappyFresh was named amongst the Leading 10 Emerging Giants in Indonesia in a recently released report by HSBC and KPMG.
- Laka was named a “minicorn” by Tracxn – a term that refers to high-growth early-stage ventures.