Food, food, food: we’re definitely seeing a theme in the headlines made by 500-backed startups this week! In Indonesia, Chickin raised seed funding to improve food security in the country; abillion donated a record US$2M globally to its partner charities thanks to food reviews by users; and Aerodyne is flying to India to boost its agriculture sector with drones.
Missed our last roundup? Check it out here.
- Chickin raises seed funding to feed Indonesians
- abillion donates record US$2M to charities
- Aerodyne enters India agriculture sector
- Naluri launches Fit-tastic program
- SwipeRx supports family planning education in SEA
- Fairbanc bypasses inflexible banks to serve merchants
- Carousell boosts secondhand shopping
- 99.co brings personalization to property
- Neuron Mobility deploys ‘brains’ in Ottawa
- NBA franchise recruits OhmniLabs robots
- Grab adds bus & ferry tickets to its app
- RaRa Delivery rebrands to RARA NOW
Other stories you may have missed:
- Dr. Tiffanie Ong, Chief Product Officer at Naluri, was named one of the top 25 women leaders in consumer healthtech.
- Co-founder & CEO of edtech startup Pandai, Khairul Anwar, will be speaking at an event about how the startup built a sticky app and acquired 400,000 users in two years.
- Finance, production and sales company EST Studios acquired international sales rights to bilingual drama ‘Beneath The Banyan Tree’ and will introduce the film later this year at Busan’s Asian Project Market and American Film Market.