Banking on a new partnership
- 500-backed fintech platform Kredivo has teamed up with Bank Sahabat Sampoerna in Indonesia to launch a new payment card called Flexi Card.
- According to a statement, it is a physical card that can be used at millions of outlets throughout the country.
- “Flexi Card is another strong proof of how fintech companies and banks are able to synergize to provide digital financial services that are fast, easy, and affordable,” said Umang Rustagi, CEO of Kredivo Indonesia.
- A representative of Bank Sampoerna added that the card will benefit the country’s underbanked population by providing access to financial products and transaction services.
- Read the full story here.
Uplifting female founders
- 500-backed Friz is one of 15 startups chosen for the Sequoia Spark Fellowship, a new program for female founders in Southeast Asia and India.
- Friz is a fintech platform built for freelancers, targeting South and Southeast Asia.
- The first batch comprises 20 female founders. Each startup will receive a US$100,000 grant from Sequoia.
- According to the announcement, participants will have access to mentorship sessions and hands-on support in areas such as hiring, legal, finance, product, technology, and marketing.
- Get the full details on Tech in Asia. A subscription may be required.
An interesting plan
- Through a partnership with Atome, 500-backed secondhand marketplace Carousell will be offering a buy now, pay later feature for its merchants in Hong Kong.
- According to an announcement, buyers can opt for an installment plan, which divides their bills into three interest-free payments.
- The startup has had similar tie-ups in the past with India’s Pine Labs, Singapore’s Fomo Pay, and Malaysia’s PayHalal.
- Read more on Tech in Asia. A subscription may be required.