From Daily Markup #197
- Like the look of leather but don’t want any animals harmed? 500-backed mushroom startup Mycotech Lab (MYCL) has the answer.
- Online marketplace Carousell recorded its lowest-ever fraud rate in 2020, thanks to a combination of eagle-eyed humans and artificial intelligence.
- Super app Grab announced a vaccination program for its drivers and delivery partners.
From Daily Markup #196
- 500-backed edtech startup TapChief has been acquired in a move to increase access to higher education, career guidance, and placement services.
- Deep tech startup Transcelestial brings its laser technology to the Philippines to set up internet connections a tenth of the typical cost.
- Enplug helps a financial institution in the US plug in to go paperless.
From Daily Markup #199
- Fashion startup Pomelo released a 13-piece streetwear collection with social media giant TikTok.
- In an interview, recruitment automation startup Talkpush talked about the prospect of being hired by a bot in today’s digital age.
- 99 Group appointed an agency to bring its digital marketing to another level with data.
Other stories you may have missed:
- Telemedicine and super app Alodokter launched Aloshop, an e-pharmacy feature in the Alodokter app.
- Clinical infection expert Dr. Monique Andersson MD to join UK advisory board of digital health startup Prenetics.
Missed out the last Daily Markup? Go here to check it out.
You can also find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
500 Startups is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. In Southeast Asia, 500 Startups invests through the pioneering 500 Southeast Asia family of funds. The 500 Southeast Asia funds have backed over 240 companies across multiple sectors from internet to consumer to deep technology. It continues to connect founders with capital, expertise and powerful regional and global networks to help them succeed.
This post is intended solely for general informational or educational purposes only. 500 Startups Management Company, L.L.C. and its affiliates (collectively “500 Startups”) makes no representation as to the accuracy or information in this post and while reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information herein is accurate and up-to-date, no liability can be accepted for any error or omissions. All third party links in this post have not been independently verified by 500 Startups and the inclusion of such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement or confirmation of the content within. Information about portfolio companies’ markets, competitors, performance, and fundraising has been provided by those companies’ founders and has not been independently verified. Under no circumstances should any content in this post be construed as investment, legal, tax or accounting advice by 500 Startups, or an offer to provide any investment advisory service with regard to securities by 500 Startups. No content or information in this post should be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation of interest to purchase any securities advised by 500 Startups. Prospective investors considering an investment into any 500 Startups fund should not consider or construe this content as fund marketing material. The views expressed herein are as at the date of this post and are subject to change without notice. One or more 500 Startups fund may have a financial interest in one or more of the companies discussed.