A new way of learning for the new world
- After two years of school closures and virtual learning, parents are rightfully worried about their kids’ learning gaps. 500-backed edtech company Lingokids is too — that’s why the team launched a new podcast called ‘Growin’ Up’, aimed at helping kids pick up critical life skills in areas such as career development and mental wellness.
- According to the company, this initiative was born out of its in-house research that identified a demand for content that helps kids develop 21st-century skills.
- ‘Growin’ Up’ is catered to listeners aged 5 to 8 and covers topics ranging from sports and entertainment, to public safety, and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics).
- Hosted by science communicator Emily Calandrelli, the podcast is set to roll out on the Lingokids app and all other podcast platforms today, which happens to also be Teacher’s Day in Singapore!
- Lingokids added that it is developing more content to help kids navigate the real world, and their next project will explore mindfulness and meditation.
- Read the full story here.
Stories you may have missed this week:
- RedDoorz banks on domestic tourism, expanding its hotel network by 2,000 inns in SE Asia
- YAS MicroInsurance provides on-demand protection for modern lifestyles; aims to cover more activities & sports
- Grab launches US$1M GrabScholar program for students in SEA; GrabMerchant Center to help small businesses grow
- SwipeRx leverages technology to assess pharmacy professionals in HIV/STI, and the potential to improve coverage of key populations in Southeast Asia
- Koo rolled out a new feature, ‘Topics’, across 10 languages, offering highly personalized experiences to multi-lingual users
- Top August stories in Daily Markup on over US$60M raised to fight against inflation, for security, health, proptech, and more