Buying and selling houses, everyday goods, and preloved items in Southeast Asia gets easier from here, thanks to 500-backed startups! 99 Group is raising US$52M to bring its proptech offerings across the region; DealCart is helping shoppers in Pakistan get better deals on daily essentials through ecommerce; and Carousell acquires an Indonesian preowned mobile phone business to offer a wider range of products on its platform.
Missed our last roundup? Check out the top stories in July here.
- 99 Group raises US$52M to expand in SEA
- DealCart bags US$4.5M to serve Pakistan shoppers
- Carousell buys into the phone biz
- Vishal’s uplifting view of the downturn
- eFishery on being climate change resilient
- Escavox helps the big guys reduce food waste
- Haulio is people-first in a tech-led industry
- Neuron Mobility tackles the homelessness issue
- AUS & Tata Steel improves mine safety
- Why Bukalapak is no longer like China’s Taobao
- Koo promotes indigenous crafts with multilingual content
- Parcel Perform wants great ecommerce experiences for all
Other stories you may have missed:
- Co-founder & CEO of biotech company Prenetics, Danny Yeung, was awarded ‘Chief Executive’s Commendation for Community Service 2022’.
- CarTimes unveiled its new logo, ‘CarTimes, Powered by CARSOME’, after Carsome acquired a majority stake in the company.
- LA-based finance, production, and sales company EST Studios added another title to its Busan and American Film Market roster with psychological thriller Dawning.