Sweet news for diabetes prevention & care
- Better healthcare starts with better access to education for medical professionals — especially in Southeast Asia where pharmacies are the first, and sometimes only, point of care!
- 500-backed digital health startup SwipeRx partnered with FIND, the global alliance for diagnostics, to improve pharmacy professionals’ competencies in providing quality diabetes care in Cambodia.
- A digital survey research found that while in-pharmacy blood glucose monitoring is offered at about 1 out of every 3 pharmacies in the country, close to half of pharmacy professionals surveyed had not received any training or professional education related to blood glucose monitoring or diabetes management.
- Both companies partnered to roll out training modules accredited by the Pharmacy Council of Cambodia on the SwipeRx app. The result? More than 1,100 pharmacy professionals were educated in 9 weeks.
- Read the full report here.
Convenience & peace of mind for Hong Kong travelers
- Hong Kong travelers can now opt for convenient online or offline COVID-19 testing, thanks to 500-backed biotech company Prenetics and Flowflex™, its COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (RAT).
- Travelers can choose to conduct pre-departure testing from the comfort of their homes, or at the Prenetics service counter at the Hong Kong International Airport. Results issued by Prenetics are accepted by more than 17 countries or regions around the world.
- The at-home testing process is simple: a self-administered nasal swab is done virtually via video call by a trained professional, and certified results will be available in one’s travel records within 60 minutes!
- “While being able to travel again makes us all feel excited and hopeful about the future, it can be stressful to plan international journeys given the frequent changes in travel restrictions,” said Danny Yeung, Co-founder & CEO. “With the new online and offline pre-departure RAT service powered by Flowflex™, travelers can take control of where they conduct pre-departure COVID-19 tests, enjoying greater convenience and peace of mind.”
- Read the full article here.
Support where it’s needed the most
- Feeling overwhelmed juggling between a professional career, keeping your house in order, and caring for your family? Add an ailing loved one into the mix, and it can be a breaking point for many.
- That’s where 500-backed healthcare platform Homage comes in — a technology-driven, personalized, and on-demand care service provider designed to provide care within the comfort of the client’s home.
- What’s the difference between Homage’s trained caregivers and domestic helpers? The company believes that relying on domestic helpers may end up being detrimental to the clients as they may not be equipped to provide basic life support skills like CPR and care for wounds and bleeding.
- And their clients agree too! In Malaysia, Homage recently crossed a million hours of care delivery for families! The company also operates in Singapore, Australia, and Japan.
- Read the full story here.