This week is all about partnerships and teamwork! Carsome acquired automotive content companies WapCar and AutoFun in its move to make the car ownership journey more fun and engaging; Carousell acquired secondhand clothing website Refash to leverage its network of physical stores; and Glife invested in a 4-month-old Vietnamese agritech company with an impressive track record.
Our Singapore startups are also putting the country on the world map for tech. The World Economic Forum announced this week 100 new Technology Pioneers, including Singapore-based EMQ with its inclusive global payments network, while Aliena aims to democratize space data collection and access globally.
Missed our last weekly round-up? Check it out here.
- Carsome buys into fun & engagement
- Carousell goes physical with Refash
- Glife invests in Vietnamese agritech
- Aliena puts Singapore on the map for spacetech
- Dagangan delivers economic equality to rural areas
- World Economic Forum honors EMQ as a Technology Pioneer
- Pomelo helps fashion thrive with tech
- Urbanmetry studies climate change
- Prenetics brings healthcare to homes
- Bukalapak spurs positive growth
- Naluri supports Universal Health Coverage
- Transcelestial beats 200+ in Hewlett Packard Enterprise challenge
Other stories you may have missed:
- E-commerce aggregator Una Brands made the Singapore Business Review list of 20 hottest startups of 2022.
- Nas Academy, Doyobi, and NewCampus were named some of the top edtech startups in Singapore by edutech for their great track records, innovative products, or huge future potential.
- Aarav Unmanned Systems was one of 5 drone startups featured in Your Story for reshaping the future of technology.
- In another feature by Your Story, FarMart was listed for its role in making the lives of farmers easier and more comfortable with its agritech solutions.