500-backed startups are eyeing the Vietnam market. Food Market Hub raised US$8.5 million, with plans to offer credit financing to restaurants in the country, while Jala Tech has set its sights on 10,000 shrimp farmers in two years. In the world of mergers and acquisitions, Luxclusif has joined global luxury retail company Farfetch, while Aarav Unmanned Systems buys over a drone software firm and Stockbit will acquire its brokerage partner.
Missed our last weekly roundup? Check it out here.
- Food Market Hub bags US$8.5M for empowering F&B businesses
- Ion Mobility launches e-motorbike, to make ownership affordable
- Carnot wins award for energy- and cost-saving AI solution
- Jala Tech poised to enter Vietnam market
- Carousell launches two charitable initiatives for the festive season
- Luxclusif acquired by Farfetch to boost fashion tech offerings
- AUS acquires Algopixel to level up drone solutions
- Stockbit to acquire & rebrand brokerage partner
- Una Brands commits to investing US$23.6M in Malaysian brands
- How a taxi company evolved into Grab, the super app
- RedDoorz on surviving the pandemic & a potential IPO
Other stories you may have missed:
- Boxgreen, a healthy snack subscription platform, has been awarded the 2021 Singapore Best Workplaces Award.
- Australian rocket company Gilmour Space Technologies has won the space category at the InnovationAus 2021 Awards for Excellence.
- Carousell shared an infographic on the demand for sneakers and fun facts about sneakerheads on its platform.